Terms of Reference
Documentary movie and brochure production for the 2 concepts
(Energy Saving Stoves and Planting trees)
Tanganyika Christian Refugee Service (TCRS) was established in 1964 to provide emergency relief and humanitarian services to refugees and asylum seekers in Tanzania. At first, TCRS operated as a Tanzanian country programme of the Lutheran World Federation’s Department for World Service LWF/DWS and later on as an autonomous Non-governmental Organization. Since 1984, TCRS extended its operations to development work to disadvantaged groups of communities in order to empower them from extreme poverty due to socio-cultural, economic and climate related challenges. TCRS history in Kishapu goes back to 2007, Morogoro 2005 and Kilwa 2004 respectively when the organization started to empower communities in some villages in the specified districts.
The Inclusive Community Resilience project started in 2022 where it operates in 45 villages. 15 villages in Kishapu, 15 villages in Morogoro and 15 villages in Kilwa. Inclusive community resilience project is promoting resilience and diversification of sustainable livelihood to increase vulnerable marginalized communities’ capacities to attain improved food security and increased income opportunities. The project is considering the innovative combination of technologies, practices, and approaches to enhance resilience or adaptive capacities of target beneficiaries to climate change threats.
The project intends to amplify its impact by documenting the best practices and by creating material for different target audiences. TCRS will carry on with the most successful practises and methods for community resilience building, many of which have been tested in the project. These methods include climate change related actions (both adaptation and mitigation) such as tree planting, alternative sources of energy as well as creating awareness on maintaining hygiene and sanitation to reduce hygiene related risks. The project will promote the best project practises through organization website, engaging documentary experts, media and national artist through public concert so as to reach many people for awareness creation and advocacy for change.
- To produce 2 documentary movies and 2 brochures for sharing concepts and learnings from the previous and current projects for advocacy purposes towards the wider community than only on the target households, the government and other stakeholders.
- To develop the project materials that spread within and outside the community independently.
The videos and photos will capture the 2 concepts from the project areas. This will require close Coordination with Program Manager and 3 Project Leaders of Kilwa, Morogoro and Kishapu districts.
Scope of Work & Technical Requirements:
- The film should be produced in Kiswahili and English subtitles, at highest market quality standards, high-definition, fast paced and colorful, with clean stylistic touches
- The brochures should be produced in Kiswahili and English at highest market quality standards, high-definition, fast paced and colorful, with clean stylistic touches
- The total running time of each documentary movie is to be 6-10 minutes.
- The entire film production i.e. writing, filming, editing, voicing/narration etc. should be done by the consultant, delivering a final ready-to-air product in broadcast standards and in High Definition technology format.
- The entire development and production process will be closely monitored by TCRS offices providing continuous review, comments and thematic inputs support when needed.
- The Consultant shall commence the work as soon as possible, immediately upon signing the contract.
- A detailed timeline, work plan and draft outline should be submitted within 5 working days.
- A detailed budget, shooting schedule and making brochures should be provided.
- The final product i.e. the movie as well as all the raw material and project files, should be delivered to TCRS office on an external Hard Drive Disk no later than 12th December 2022.
Mode of payment:
Payment will be made in two installments. 40% payment will be made in advance after signing the contract and remaining 60% will be made after successful delivery of the final Videos and brochure production
- Minimum of three (3) years’ documented work experience of the key people in the area of film/reportage/documentary writing, producing, directing and editing;
- Access to highest quality filming, light, sound and editing equipment.
- Ability to operate under strict time limits and apply high production and technical standards for the purpose of maintaining high level of professionalism;
- Ability to communicate and conduct interviews in Swahili.
The Consultant is expected to provide the following:
- Brief presentation of the team, with CVs and functional responsibilities of the key people to be engaged in the production of the documentary.
- Detailed filming and making brochures plan and timeline for all phases in pre-production, production and post-production.
- Detailed break-down of all estimated costs.
- Registration and other relevant statutory documents.
Proposal can be rejected and the contract being cancelled, in case any illegal or corrupt practices are connected with the award or the execution of the contract.
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
The Trustees of Tanganyika Christian Refugee Service is inviting qualified consultancy firms/International or National Film professionals/ documentary writing professionals to submit applications for Documentary movie and brochure production for the 2 concepts
- Energy Serving Stoves and
- Planting trees.
Sealed proposal written RFP for Documentary movie and brochure production for Energy Serving Stoves and Planting trees (Project TZ 712) may be mailed or hand-delivered to the following address:
Interested qualified consultants/or consultancy firms/International or National Film professionals/ documentary writing professionals are invited to submit applications through:
The Acting Director,
Tanganyika Christian Refugee Service (TCRS),
P.O. Box 3955,
Dar es Salaam.
Email to: email@example.com. Copy to Impangilefirstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 8th November , 2022
If you have any questions or would like further clarification of any aspect of this request for Proposal, please email: email@example.com,
this application should be done offline;
We look forward to receiving your proposal